Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors will be preparing an Ensemble Project for their 18-Week Assessment. A presentation about this project was made to students on Wednesday, March 4. Details about the assignment as well as supporting resources can be found here.
Who: 10-12th Grade Band students at ACHS
What: Performance/Recording of 2 or more independent musical lines
Where: Ankeny Centennial High School Band Rooms
When: Monday, May 11 – Wednesday, May 13 during 1st Period Band
- Projects must be a minimum of 2.5 minutes and a maximum of 6 minutes of music.
- Projects must consist of new music, not previously prepared or performed.
- Projects may be, but are not limited to, published music.
- Performances & Recordings will be evaluated as an entire ensemble using the Wind Rubric and Percussion Rubric.
- Project Approval by Mr. Hook or Mr. Hable – Wednesday, April 8, end of 1st Period
- Written Score turned in – Friday, May 8, end of 1st Period
- Recordings (if applicable) turned in – Friday, May 8, end of 1st Period
- Duet from Rubank Book or other method
- One person recording multiple parts in Audacity/GarageBand/etc. similar to Christopher Bill
- Trio/Quartet/Quintet/etc. of published literature
- Jazz Combo
- JameyAebersold Books (Maiden Voyage, etc.)
- Real Books
- Student Composition or Arrangement
- All of the practice room computers at Centennial have been equipped with Audacity – a recording program, and Finale Notepad – a music notation software. Both are free and available to download on home computers for Mac or Windows.
- All of the lesson teachers are able to assist with this project, if asked. We want students to do as much of the preparation as possible. Teachers can help with transpositions, feedback, etc. Not rehearsal of literature.
- There are other notation software available if you peruse the Internet. Examples include: Sibelius First, ScoreCloud, Noteflight, Opusmodus, NotateMe, and more!